Health & Safety Management System Lead Auditor Course
Auditing the health and safety management system of an organization as a third party, independently and partially, is sometimes becomes very tricky and difficult. Since the performance of a full health and safety management system can only be identified by audits. Identification of the system performance and identification of effectiveness requires auditors with special knowledge and skills. This course is mainly for preparing the auditors with such knowledge and skills.
The aim of this course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of health and safety management systems against OHSAS 18001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable.
Terms and Terminology Used in Health & Safety and Auditing, Purpose & Benefits of Health & Safety Management, PDCA, H&S – Management and Processes interrelationship, Emergency Preparedness, Auditing H&S, Audit Types, Regulations & Other Requirements, Accreditation, & Certification, Benefits of Accreditation, People In The Audits And Responsibilities, Auditor Characteristics, Audit Process Exercise, Audit Objectives and Audit Scopes, Audit Duration, Auditor Selection and Audit Team Formation, Stage 1 Audit, Audit Planing, Check List Preparation, Opening Meeting, Interviewing, Stage 2 Audit, Nonconformity Identification, Audit Review, Closing Meeting, Nonconformity Recording and Reporting, Audit Reporting, Follow Up Audit & Corrective Actions.
What You Will Get?
Attending this course you will be able to:
* How to audit the health and safety aspects-impacts and management system effectively
* How to make a process audit and a procedure or a clause audit in health and safety management
* Prepare and plan audits in a risk based manner and effectively
* Behave as a successful auditor. Learn about the most effective auditing techniques
* Select the audit teams and evaluate their performances
* Effectively get prepared for an audit
* Effectively audit the processes assigned
* Evaluate the findings and the conformities, nonconformities and improvement points effectively
* Run opening and closing meetings and report the audits and nonconformities
* Effectively follow up the audit findings
* Explain the accreditation and certification
* Add new certificate to your carrier.
Who Should Attend ?
Health & Safety management system lead auditor course is designed not only to help people perform capable and value-adding health and safety audits, but also to develop attendees wider understanding of health and safety management systems design and implementation. Particularly helps to the attendees on main subjects such as interrelating the management function of the organizations to the policy, hazards and risks, objectives & targets, management programs, operational controls and compliance to the legislations.
This course will benefit you best with your initial knowledge about;
a) Knowledge of the following health & safety management management principles and concepts:
* The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
* The purpose and benefits of a an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system
* A basic knowledge of managing occupational health and safety (OH&S)through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal and other requirements
* A basic awareness of common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements.
* Commonly used OH&S terms and definitions as given in OHSAS 18001
b) Knowledge of the requirements of OHSAS 18001, which may be gained by completing an IRCA certified OH&SMS Foundation Training course or equivalent.
Which Course After This?
After attending this course you might attend courses relevant to other Lead Auditor courses